The Committee of the NSW Society of Labor Lawyers is pleased to call for the 2023 Annual General Meeting, which will take place at 7:00pm on Thursday 30 March 2023 at the Law Society of NSW. All current and potential members are strongly encouraged to attend. The AGM will take place following our CPD seminar on silicosis law.
The details are:
When: Thursday 30 March 2023, 7:00pm
Where: Training Room, Law Society of New South Wales, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney
- Confirmation of the minutes of the previous AGM
- Receipt of reports and financial statements
- Election of committee members and office bearers
- Nomination and election of returning officer
- Special resolution - constitutional changes
Election of Committee Members:
The Society currently consists of 12 committee members, including 4 office bearers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary) and 8 ordinary committee members, with at least 4 of whom must be women. The current committee members will hold their office until the next AGM.
All financial members who have been a member for more than 3 months and are present at the AGM are eligible to vote. If you are uncertain about your membership status or membership number, please send us an email.
If you have not yet renewed your membership for 2022-2023, please do so here.
A member who is entitled to vote at the general meeting may provide a proxy to any other member who is entitled to vote by completing the form available here.
A special resolution will be dealt with at the AGM to amend the Society's constitution. A copy of the proposed changes in mark-up is available here. A clean copy of the proposed constitution is available here.
Any member of the Society who has been a member for more than 3 months may nominate for the Committee. Nomination forms are available here.
Nominations for candidates for election as office-bearers or as ordinary committee members:
- Must be submitted in writing, signed by two financial members of the Society, and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate.
- Must be received by 7:00pm on Thursday 23 March 2023 via email to the Returning Officer, Neil Jackson.
We look forward to your attendance at the Annual General Meeting. If you have any queries or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.