The recent George Brandis diary litigation has prompted much interest in freedom of information law. Want to know what an FOI request is or how to challenge it? Want to know why you might challenge it?
The NSW Society of Labor Lawyers is holding an educational seminar on the law and politics of applications under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2010 (NSW) (aka the NSW freedom of information laws) to Labor caucus members and members of NSW Labor Lawyers.
On the panel will be:
- Daniel Mookhey MLC (Member of the Legislative Council)
- Lee Corbett (Barrister, University Chambers and Junior Counsel to the Hon. Mark Dreyfus QC in the recent Brandis diary Full Federal Court appeal)
- Chloe Bennett, Director of Policy to the Opposition Leader
- Sharangan Maheswaran, Former Economics Policy Advisor and Practicing Solicitor
- Penny Parker, Graduate at Law
Opposition Caucus Room, Parliament House
6.15 for 6.30pm start
Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Registration is necessary to ensure that you can be taken through security.