The Committee of the NSW Society of Labor Lawyers has called the 2017 Annual General Meeting, to be held immediately prior to the Society's 2017 Annual Dinner. Current and potential members are encouraged to attend.
When: Thursday 16 November 2017, 6.30pm
Where: Aesops, 131 Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000
The meeting is not expected to go for more than half an hour and will be followed by the launch of the 2017 edition of Legal Tweaks and the Society's 2017 Annual Dinner featuring the Hon Mary Gaudron QC (for more information on the Annual Dinner click here).
- Confirm minutes of last AGM
- Receive reports and financials
- Election of committee members and office bearers
- Nomination and election of returning officer
Election of Committee Members
The Society currently consists of 12 committee members; 4 ofﬁce bearers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary) and 8 ordinary committee members, 4 of whom must be women. The current committee members hold ofﬁce until the next AGM.
Financial members of more than 3 months standing, present at the AGM, are entitled to vote. If you are unsure of your membership status or membership number please email the Secretary.
If you haven't renewed your membership for 2016-2017 please do so here.
A member entitled to vote at a general meeting may give, in writing in the form available here, their proxy to any other member entitled to vote at the general meeting.
Proposed Constitutional Amendments
- Must be made in writing, signed by 2 financial members of the Society and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate
- Must be received by COB Thursday 9 November 2016 via email to the Returning Officer.