The Executive Committee of the NSW Society of Labor Lawyers has called the 2016 Annual General Meeting, to be held immediately prior to the Society's Five Year Anniversary Dinner. Current and potential members are encouraged to attend.
When: Thursday 17 November 2016, 6.30pm
Where: Aesops, 131 Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000
The meeting is not expected to go for more than half an hour and will be followed by the launch of Legal Tweaks 2016 and the Society's Five Year Anniversary Dinner.
- Confirm minutes of last AGM
- Receive reports and financials
- Election of committee members and office bearers
- Nomination and election of returning officer
Election of Committee Members
The Society currently consists of 12 committee members; 4 ofﬁce bearers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary) and 8 ordinary committee members, 4 of whom must be women. The current committee members hold ofﬁce until the next AGM.
Financial members of more than 3 months standing, present at the AGM, are entitled to vote. If you are unsure of your membership status or membership number please email the Secretary.
If you haven't renewed your membership for 2016-2017 please do so here.
A member entitled to vote at a general meeting may give, in writing in the form available here, their proxy to any other member entitled to vote at the general meeting.
Proposed Constitutional Amendments
Two special resolutions are proposed to be put to the 2016 AGM. You can read the special resolutions here.
- Must be made in writing, signed by 2 financial members of the Society and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate
- Must be received by COB Wednesday 9 November 2016 via email to the Returning Officer.
A copy of the Constitution is available here.